It’s that time of year again, The Super Bowl!
In our household football is very important – well, to my husband it is!
I personally may not follow the season as religiously as most but the super bowl definitely carries a lot fun memories. Delicious food plays a big part in the excitement we have associated with the super bowl.
So don’t drop the ball this year on your menu. Instead, score a touchdown with these easy super bowl party food ideas! (I couldn’t resist. I apologize in advance for any other playful puns to follow)
Let’s start with the obvious – Nachos!
This is always a crowd pleaser. But why not up your game and add some of these ingredients to go next level with your nachos:
- Olives – If you love olives as much as we do, then you should definitely try them on your nachos.
- Beef – Cook up some beef, season it to your liking and add it to your nachos.
- Chili – If adding beef isn’t exciting enough, try adding chili.
- Shredded Chicken – This is a great alternative to beef.
- Diced Tomatoes – Who doesn’t love tomatoes?
- Peppers – Jalapeno peppers are our favourite. If that’s too much then try a pepper you normally prefer.
- Salsa – This always adds a nice kick to the dish.
- Guacamole – You can’t go wrong with guacamole. We have an easy guacamole recipe below under homemade dips.
- Sour Cream – A dollop of sour cream will make it an awesome nacho experience!
And there is only one rule when it comes to nachos – there should be No Chip Denied.
Make sure every chip includes all the toppings. Yes this may add 2 or 3 more minutes to your prep work but your guest will remember how awesome it was when they pulled their chip of choice and it wasn’t bare.
If you have never made nachos and aren’t sure where to start here are the basic steps:
- Heat oven between 350 – 450 degrees
- Spread nachos on a pan and sprinkle cheese all over. Add another layer of nachos and sprinkle cheese all over again.
- Add your favourite extras mentioned in the above list to bring it up a notch.
- Then place the pan on middle rack and bake until cheese is melted.
- And enjoy!
This is a must on game day! Chances are your guest will be expecting these messy but oh so yummy eats!
If you prefer a hot wing, try to serve a milder version as everyone has a different tolerance for the level of spice.
And remember to serve a dip – ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing are a great go-to dip for chicken wings.
Gain some extra points with making your own dip. Homemade dip is always better than store bought and usually takes minutes to make.
Keep it simple with a classic 7 Layered Dip. Here’s a great recipe to follow.
And if you make Fresh Guacamole you’ve made a great play in my books! It’s super easy to make with only 3 ingredients:
- 3 ripened avocados
- Half of a lime juice squeezed
- two garlic cloves minced
- Then you mix it together with a fork.
- It’s that easy!
Stuffed Grape Leaves
If you haven’t tried stuff grape leaves you are missing out! This dish takes a little more prep work than our other suggestions. Don’t let that stop you though, your guest will love this meal and your efforts will be noticed!
Here’s a recipe that will help you achieve the greatness of this meal – Easy Stuffed Grape Leaves
Chili is certainly a classic and always a game day fave at our home!
Making this fresh is so much tastier than out of a can. Try this wonderful recipe here to get your guests fired up! Especially when you tell them coffee is one of the ingredients….WHAT!?!
Be sure to serve with Tortilla chips. There’s nothing better than eating chili like a dip!
Pigs in a Blanket
Kick it old school with the classic pigs in a blanket!
If you really want to impress your guest, visit the one lady who can make anything including pigs in a blanket classy and even more awesome than it already is – Martha Stewart! Here is her adult take on this recipe.
There you have it a super bowl menu your guest are sure to cheer about!!
No matter which team comes out on top this year, as long as you’re prepared with a solid menu you’ll be sure to come out a winner.
All you have left to do now is have fun and be safe.